Technical & Rope Access Manager
Technical/Rope Access Manager is a senior role in the management team, the position will contribute to the development and implementation/improvement of the organizational strategies, operational practices, quality, hazards and risk management, budget achievements and client satisfaction. He is also responsible for providing the project management and support functions with the necessary leadership, skills, and knowledge to implement business and financial objectives.
• Oversea rope access activities
• Supporting the operations planning process
• Communicating changes in an order process to relevant parties
• Ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed
• Assist the project manager to achieve the target fixed KPIs (Security, Planning, quality, production)
• Organizes trade tests/ interviews and ensuring the most suitably qualified are hired.
• Participate actively in assessment of project personnel skill level.
• Issue documents such as Project Management Plan; technical documents, Report of Experience feedback
• Revises and reviews specifics tenders with the estimation department.
• Provide innovative technical solutions to clients and cost saving technical solutions for projects.
• Coordination and communication between support services (Logistics, Procurement, Project mgt) functions to enable a smooth-running operation
• Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met, in relation to Rope access activity.
•Supporting the top management’s vision and process ideals
•Ensuring staff working on processes are happy and operating efficiently.
• Supporting all functions of the business to work together.
• Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
• Find ways to increase quality of customer service
• Drive initiatives in the site and staff management team, that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Ensure site visits are realized for specific tenders.
• Actively participate in HSE activities, including toolbox meetings and HSE meetings.
• Respect the Altrad Life Saving actions.
• Proactively Identify hazards and assess risks related to operations activities
• Provide innovative solutions to reduce negative impact of our activities on environment.
• Involved in the identification of environmental aspects and impact, including the consideration of environmental impact as regards operations.
• Identify and notify HSE manager of any legal or other requirements, including update of applicable registers.
• Ensure the establishment of QHSE objectives each year.
• Complies with all health, safety environmental as well as legal requirements to which company subscribes.
• Assisting in execution of the contract in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible manner
• Actively take part in QMS activities and processes
• Ensure Quality Objectives are set, tracked and monitored accordingly
• Complies with company quality policy as well as regulatory and legal requirements to which company subscribes to
• Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and established
• Ensure Stakeholder’s Matrix are established
• QMS conformance, risk-based thinking and customer focus promotion
• Ensure proper management and control through process and procedures,
Analysis and Judgment
• Breaks a problem down into its constituent parts, sees the "wood from the trees" and the relationships between issues.
• Aware of information sources and how to get information needed, seeks out relevant information for problem solving and decision making, consulting with others as necessary.
• Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to imaginative solutions.
• Shows consideration, concerns and respect for other people's feeling and options, a good listener and display empathy.
• Co-operate and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
• Communicates orally in a clear, fluent, concise and appropriate way, which holds people's attention on both groups and in one-to-one situations, encouraging feedback as appropriate.
• Produces written communications (electronic or other methods) which are clear, fluent and concise, accessible and jargon free and ensures information is available to others in an appropriate and accessible format.
• Minimum 10 years in insulation and coating activities.
• Minimum 8 years offshore experience in rope access activities
• Fluent in oral and written communication
• Good presentation skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft word and PowerPoint, Excel.
• Knowledge of their job description
• Familiarity with business and financial principles
• Experience budgeting and forecasting
• Leadership ability
Education and Training
• IRATA Rope Access Certification (Minimum Level 2)
• Qualified with AMPP (NACE or SSPC) Level 3 certification or equivalent.